Proper scalp temperature is maintained throughout the treatment.
The DigniCap Scalp Cooling System consists of a computerised cooling unit managed through a touch screen display and an attached cooling cap with integrated sensors.
Temperature-regulated coolant continuously circulates through specially designed channels in the cooling caps. Unlike other scalp cooling systems, the patented sensors ensure the proper scalp temperature is maintained throughout the treatment.
- System software detects temperature deviations and continuously makes adjustments based on sensor feedback throughout the cooling cap
- Intuitive touch screen interface simplifies system operation and allows settings to be easily altered for various chemotherapy regimens
- Independently controlled, continuous cooling systems enable simultaneous treatment of two patients
- Gradual cool-down from room temperature provides patient comfort
- The DigniStick flash drive provides easy access for software upgrades and troubleshooting, as well as non-identifiable treatment data and usage reports
A key factor in the effectiveness of The DigniCap Scalp Cooling System is the ability to maintain continuous, direct contact between the cooling cap and the scalp for a consistent treatment temperature.
- Four cap sizes for individualised fit
- Contoured shape leaves patient’s ears uncovered for comfort and ease of hearing
- Smooth inner surface ensures optimal scalp contact
- Outer neoprene cap creates secure fit and maintains ideal treatment temperature
- Cap is first placed on the patient’s head at room temperature for a comfortable and controlled cooling transition
- Caps can be easily detached for bathroom breaks
- Two patented dual sensor-monitored cooling compartments ensure consistent, uniform cooling for temperature management.
- Built-in security sensor
Aurora BioScience is excited to bring this dignity preserving medical device to medical professionals in the Australian-Pacific region. For more information visit www.dignicap.com.au